Landlords have many responsibilities when it comes to renting their investment properties, working with their tenants, and keeping the property well maintained. On this episode of Five Minute Friday, Bob Preston provides his Top List of 8 Critical Landlord Responsibilities.
1. Comply with Anti-Discrimination Laws
2. Preparing the Lease or Rental Agreement
3. Make Legally Required Disclosures
4. Know the Rules Regarding Security Deposits
5. Follow Other Specific Aspects of Landlord/Tenant Law
6. Provide for Habitable Housing Conditions
7. Respect a Tenant's Right to Privacy
8. Don't Retaliate Against a Tenant Who Exercises a Legal Right
That is Bob's top list of responsibilities, make sure and have a listen! There are many other important aspects not covered, so if you have any questions or would like to discuss further details, don’t hesitate to reach out to Bob or contact us at North County Property Group.
Connect with Bob
North County Property Group
This episode is always available for listening, sharing, or download at Property Management Brainstorm. Subscribe to Property Management Brainstorm on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, TunedIn, iHeart Radio and YouTube.
Property Management Brainstorm is a top ranked podcast, hosted by Bob Preston, RMP®, featuring top professionals and experts related to the property management industry. Bonus episodes are called Five Minute Friday (FMF), providing tips and advice, every Friday, in five minutes or less. Tune in, have a listen, and subscribe today!