Fair Housing Statement:
Renting an Accommodation
To rent an accommodation under a long-term lease, we require you to complete an application and provide us your first and last name, home or other physical address, your telephone number, your e-mail address or other personal information, credit card number, social security number or other non-public financial information. This application can be completed online on our website or at our leasing office. You may choose not to provide your personal information. If not provided, however, you will not be able to rent an accommodation with us. This process may or may not be required of vacation rentals.
Application Process and Requirements:
Every person over 18 must who will reside at the rental property must be named on the lease and complete and submit a rental application as well as pay the rental application fee. Each application must be filled out completely and accurately. An incomplete application may be rejected or not processed. Any misstatements or omissions made on your application, whether or not discovered before you move into the rental property, is grounds for denial of an application or termination of an existing lease. Information must be legible and verifiable. If information given on the application cannot be checked out and verified, this is a reason for denial of an application. Omission of information, such as an address or employer, may be grounds for denial of an application. False information may also be grounds to reject your application, retain all application fees and deposits as liquidated damages, and terminate your right of occupancy.
Income must be verifiable and must meet the following criteria:
- Total household gross monthly income must be at least three (3) times the amount of monthly rent (i.e. $1350/month rent x 3 = $4050/month or $48,600 / year minimum income). Subsidy recipient’s income must be 3 times the amount of the rent portion they are responsible to pay.
- Examples of income include, but are not limited to: wages, salaries, tips, Social Security benefits, retirement, pension or savings accounts, stocks, bonds, child support or alimony payments, unemployment benefits, or public assistance.
- Savings and brokerage accounts may be considered in lieu of active employment with verification of bank balances (savings, check, money market, certificates of deposit) totaling at least one years rent (12 x monthly rent).
- Applicants who do no meet the income requirements may be required to provide a co-signer on the lease who does meet the criteria or provide additional amounts as a security deposit or prepaid rent.
Proof of Income:
Written proof of income must be provided in one or more of the following forms:
- Written offer letter from employer indicating salary and start date (if employment new and has not yet started)
- Two most recent pay stubs from your place of employment
- Letter of benefit assignments from a 3rd party bank, life insurance company, or government source of benefits paid
For self employed individuals:
- Two most recent complete Federal income tax returns (signed)
- If sole proprietor, include two most recent Federal Schedule C indicating self employment income; If corporation or partnership attach two most recent K-1 statements showing owner share of cash distributions from your business.
Copies of two most current statements from at least one banking or investment institution (checking, savings, brokerage, or retirement accounts) showing cash reserves and/or regular deposits from a named source (ie direct paycheck or benefits deposit)
- Previous unlawful detainer (eviction) lawsuit or default (failed to perform) on any obligation of a rental agreement or lease (i.e. late payments, NSF checks, noise complaints, skips or any negative reference).
- Outstanding balance owed to previous or current landlord.
- Water bed, an aquarium or any other water filled furniture.
- History of or current bankruptcy proceedings.
- History of delinquent payments or high credit balances on multiple credit accounts.
- Credit score of less than 650 in any of the major credit reporting agencies.
- Unpaid bills referred to collections agency.
- History of numerous NSF checks.
Credit history will be weighed in conjunction with all other rental criteria. Landlord reserves the right to deny any applicant based solely on a history of any delinquent credit activity. Applicants may be required to provide a co-signer who meets the income and credit requirements of the Rental Acceptance Criteria, or furnish additional funds as determined by Landlord including but not necessarily limited to an increased security deposit at twice the deposit amount in effect at the time of approval or last month’s rent paid in advance.
Background and Criminal History:
- Felony convictions.
- Misdemeanor convictions or gross misdemeanor convictions on crimes against persons, property, or drug related illegal activity.
- Reports of poor overall personal character and general reputation.
- Valid Social Security Card.
- Permanent Resident Card.
Landlord and Applicant Interactions:
Protecting Your Privacy: